Sunday, March 1, 2009

I was on the news in Seattle

For those of you haven't heard yet, I started a new business. I am so excited about it. I teach workshops on how to save time and money on your groceries and other household items. I work with a company called BeCentsAble. They are based in Kansas City and are looking for educators in the west. I am the only certified educator in the state of Washington and there are currently no certified educators in ID, CA, OR, UT, MT and other western states. I went through a lot of training and an interview. I thought it would be a piece of cake because I already new it all. I actually learned several things. On my first shopping trip after being trained, I purchased $115 worth of products for only $16.

I went back later to stock up on more and my total for the day was $256 for $39.50. How much fun is it to save money? Even better, I love to help others save too. If you know anyone who might be interested in becoming an educator or attending a workshop send them my way.

I had my first workshop Saturday and KOMO 4 news, the Seattle ABC affiliate came with a reporter and a camera. I couldn't believe I was going to have to do my very first workshop on TV. If that isn't nerve racking, I don't know what is!! I think all went well. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

This is me getting my hair done for the big day. Cute huh?

This was my second workshop at my sisters salon.

No comments: