Monday, January 19, 2009

2 dates in one day!

Jarom, our 16 year old had two dates today. Actually, I don't know if he would count either one of them. I told him that I had to be his first date. I wanted the kids to have a chance to practice. I thought the boys could practice their manners and show me that they know how to treat their dates. Our daughter could go out with her dad when she turns 16, so she knows how she should be treated on a date and not settle for less. Anyway, Jarom informed me that he was going to the movies. I found out through "20 Questions" that he wasn't going with his normal group. It was just him and his friend Rachel. "Well", I said "that sounds like a date. Remember, I have to be your first date?" I think he thought if he waited long enough I would forget. Sometimes that might be true, but not this time. Come to find out the movie was at noon and it was 9 am or so. I asked him if he planned on taking me out to breakfast? He hadn't. I was out running errands. So I told him to plan a date for us and call back and ask me out. Then proceeded to call Jim and give him the run down, so he could spot Jarom some cash. Jarom took me to an early lunch at Shari's, not my favorite restaurant, but the company was good! (I forgot it was Hawaiian shirt Monday)

We had to be quick, because we had to leave straight from there to go pick up Rachel. When I found out he was going on a date, I told him of course I would have to take pictures. He absolutely refused. I explained that he was lucky because it was Rachel and she knows us and understands. He proceeded to hide all the camera's we owned. I finally talked him into giving me back a camera if I was super discrete and they didn't notice I was taking pictures. Hence, they didn't turn out very well. It is sooo much work to try to preserve memories! Anyway, they went to see a movie that Jarom had already seen, but it is what she chose and he wanted to be polite. I think they had a great time. Later, when I was talking to Rachel's mom, my friend Alison, she said she had wished I had filled her in on the plan. She totally would have helped me out. We would make great partners in crime, well not really crime.

Do you think they were on to the paparazzi?

1 comment:

Mary-Anne said...

Hahaha! I love that you took pictures of them AT the movie theater. That is priceless. :) On my first date my dad made us all stand out front and get "mug" shots taken for about half an hour. It was so embarrassing, but I'm glad I have the pictures now!