Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ashton 1st day of Preschool

Ashton started Preschool today. I know it isn't the normal time to start school, but I thought I would keep him home this year, mostly for selfish reasons. He is a pretty easy going child. I really love having him at home. I have had so many years of preschool and 1/2 day Kindergarten in a row and I really wanted a break from having to worry about picking up a child in the middle of the day, especially because that is when James takes his nap. I already have kids at 3 different schools and one that has to go early for orchestra a couple of days a week. This adds up to lots of driving. I was hoping to avoid 4 schools and mid day driving for at least one year. Oh well, I gave in. Ashton is so easy, but he decided he loves to watch TV and wants to do it all day. I really didn't want him to do that. He liked to have friends over, but it didn't work out very often. So we decided we would give preschool a try. He seemed to enjoy his first day. The best part is I have a friend who has a child there too and we are going to try to car pool. Yeah!!

I always interview the kids after their first day of school each year. The older they get, the less they cooperate.

2 comments:

Doranda said...

That video is pretty cute! I just realized that Ashton is a sunbeam.

The Abel family said...

Yeah, if we were in your ward, he could be in your class. He loves Sunbeams.