Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!

Maybe for the New Year I should resolve to do a better job posting to my blog.

Don't hold your breath. I have too many other things I need to resolve to do better at. I am not good about New Year resolutions anyway.

We had a fun New Years Eve and everyone except for James made it to midnight. They didn't even want to go to bed then. We are in Puyallup with my family. We ate lots of good food and played many games including Spoons, Scategories, Imagine If..., a couple of games that don't have names (but were really fun), and an old family favorite-The Candy Bar Game. If any of you aren't familiar with this game I will explain. You need a giant candy bar, gloves or oven mitts, hat, scarf, apron, knife, and a pair of dice. Everyone gets in a circle and you go around as fast as you can rolling the dice. When one person gets doubles, they immediately proceed to put on all of the articlesof clothing, open the candy bar, cut one square with the knife and eat it. When they are completely finished swallowing it, they can cut another one and eat it, etc.(it is not as easy as it sounds when you are wearing big gloves, even harder-both of ours were left hand gloves). The catch is that everyone else is still rolling the dice. As soon as another person gets doubles you have to stop and immediately take everything off and give them to the other person. Most of the time you don't even get close to getting a piece of chocolate. Everyone who played got at least one piece of the candy bar this time, except for my sister Doranda. The sad part was it was her idea to play the game, she was so excited about it. She did admit after that she bought more candy bars so she could have some after all.
I hope you all have a great 2009!!

2 comments:

Sant Family said...

It was good to see you the other night. We stayed up WAY to late on New Years Eve and we are still recovering. Not as young as we think ...

I think school is a go for tomorrow - here's hoping!

The Abel family said...

So far so good, maybe tomorrow I will have a day of sanity. No too much catching up to do.