Monday, August 24, 2009

Proper blogging etiquette

Since I don't know the proper blogging etiquette , I have another question for all of you. If someone posts a comment and your blog and you want to answer their comment, do you post it on your blog or do you go to their blog and post a comment on one of their posts?
I think if you post it on your own blog, they might not see it. Or do people know to check back for your answer? If I post it on their blog under one of their posts, will it make sense to them since it is out of context? Obviously, I am confused!! Maybe the answer is neither :) Can you all shed some light on this?

3 comments:

Mary-Anne said...

Ha ha...I try not to ask questions on people's blogs because of that very reason! But if someone does ask me a question...I just respond on THEIR blog so they will make sure and see the answer. :)

Sant Family said...

I check back. Like, I've been looking at your blog to see if I guess correctly.

I don't know if there is a right answer. Probably, I should have emailed you the question. Or called. Or asked on Facebook. Or Twittered.

Wait, I don't Twitter.

Anyway, I am not sure.

ckm said...

Under "Choose an identity" with a google account, you can select a box that says "email follow-up comments to (your e-mail)" Any comments made to the post, including your response, will be e-mailed to that person.

I usually forget to check that, unless I hope to receive an answer. I have a friend that gives her answers on a post in my blog - that way I have the information in my e-mail and my blog.

I guess there are no right answers.