Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Winds of Change

Well, the Jamba Juice didn't cure me, but it sure was good. Hopefully soon I will feel better. I stayed home from church today because I didn't want to spread the germs around. Today wasn't a good day to miss. Especially because I always like to know the news. Our ward boundaries were changed. A couple of months ago it might not have been as big of a deal. Our ward was very LARGE, like chapel full, over flow full and several rows into the gym (or the cultural hall, as brother O'Donnal reminds me :) ). The last couple of months our ward has been shrinking. We have lost many many active families and some of our biggest families :( Today with the boundary change, we loose at least 4 more of our big active families, and gain none. They just took people away, no additions. I guess we will survive, we have been in much smaller wards before and loved them!! Great opportunity for growth, I guess. Anyway, we soon found out one of our good friends who was just moved out of our ward in the morning, became the other ward's Bishop in the afternoon. How hard would that be?? Brand new in a ward, don't know anyone, and you are called with in the first few minutes to be the Bishop. Our friend has never been in the Bishopric before, as a matter of fact he was an Elder. Good Luck Scott!! I enjoy change, most of the time. I hope we can stay in touch with our friends who have been transported to another ward. I am sure they can use them.

2 comments:

Sant Family said...

WOW!

Wow.

Brentwood Ward must be reeling. (Pun intended for the Abel family.) I am assuming it is Scott Springer who is the new bishop so you lost some or all of 5 mile?

Details, girl, details.

I think Jamba Juice magic only works if you take it early enough into your symptoms.

The Abel family said...

Yes Tifani, we lost all of the top of 5 mile (including the Stevensons) and 1/2 way down to the bottom. Scott Springer is the new Bishop. Poor guy :)